cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Allow Creator to Modify the Participants of a Promotion Request

zgodula
9-Granite

Allow Creator to Modify the Participants of a Promotion Request

We'd like to allow the creator of a promotion request the ability to modify (add or delete) members while the request is still In Review.

Is there a change that can be made under the Policy Administrator to allow this?

We are currently running Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M030.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The access permission to modify team  should be in /System domain, not the default domain. Keep in mind, this is not promotion request specific, if you set this access control, tony tester will be able to modify even other teams, say change notice team.

Once you modify team, Windchill will assign task to the newly added user with a new work item without a reassgin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:zgodula)

Need to give Modify permission to the "Team" Object.

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've enabled this permission but where exactly would the user be able to modify the participants on the Promotion Request?

2017-04-10 16 07 05.png

I've checked the Promotion Request>Process>Members section and a user cannot modify:

2017-04-11 08 24 57.png

Where would a user be able to modify the Promotion Participants?

I'd like for Tony Tester to be able to add another user to the EGApprover role.

Thanks again.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Should have these tools for a specific promotion request (shown as admin below) - I'll have to check if Modify for the Team object is enough.

note: After the workflow has "delivered" a task to any user, one cannot add another person - have to re-assign.

The access permission to modify team  should be in /System domain, not the default domain. Keep in mind, this is not promotion request specific, if you set this access control, tony tester will be able to modify even other teams, say change notice team.

Once you modify team, Windchill will assign task to the newly added user with a new work item without a reassgin

Binesh,

Thank you for your inputs.  This does indeed allow the user to modify the participants.

Like you said, this applies for all other objects, so it most likely won't be a change we'll make.

Thanks again,

Zack

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

You cannot make changes to a promotion request as far as I know.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

A more sophisticated but flexible approach (if you don't want to give general Modify permission to all Teams) is to create a parallel "Manage" activity in the workflow template using Setup Participants type.  This would only be used when the team for that request needs to be changed, and can be assigned to whatever Role makes sense.  It limits the permission to change the team to just that request.  I've used this a few times and have seen others use quite a bit.

Top Tags