Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to Windchill for Creo CAD management

Re: Alternatives to Windchill for Creo CAD management

What percentage of your users are Catia and what percentage are Creo. windchill works better with creo and that is what I recommend

This should have been opened as a new thread, not hung off a 5 year old one!

CAD and PLM have changed significantly in 5 years.

Both programs are capable of storing data from the other CAD system. The problem with a third-party PLM is waiting for an update and synchronizing your updates so everyone is working together.

Highlighted

Sorry but they were in the same configuration and that's very interesting for us, 2 years of feedback.
We will be 12 cad users on creo, and 15 cad users on Catia. The rest will be, Puchasing department, suppliers department and quality department.
I would like to use only Ptc softwares for creo, but the Headquarter will don't pay for two solution.
All the price difference is because we also want modification documents management with revision follow-up. And just for this option, we need to take Ebom windchill license, and that thing is rising the price for 20 000 euros each year.
Even if they know that if we will want to change creo version in the futur we will need to pay another time the updating ptc software for Enovia.

I don't know but I hope that maybe we could used only Windchill for creo users and their cad management, and using only Enovia for workfllow processing for documents management and pdf drawings.

Hate to say it but sounds like you need to go with Windchill

Using 2 different systems for the different types of CAD files will be a pain.  Which system does the user need to look at?  When you make changes to one can you make the same change to the other?  It's will be a pain to keep 2 systems maintained.