cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Another Family table issue!

ThreeBlindMice
11-Garnet

Another Family table issue!

The beauty of family tables, they are like a real family, you shouldnt break them up, families stay together.  Here is my issue:

Generic part A is at version A3 with 88 instances it in it, -1 to -90 (missing two)

Generic part A at version A2 added 50 instances, two were deleted out of the family table.

Generic part A at version A1 had 40 instances, -1 to -40.

At version A2, two of the instances got deleted out of the family table -39 and -40!  These two dashed still exist in the common space.  but they don't exist in the part A generic, revision A3.

I want to create version A4 that will have 90 instances in it, all of them up to date, -1 to -90, re add the two missing instances, -39 and -40.

I tried Article - CS314555 - How to merge the latest versions of Family table instances with the latest version of a generic model in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

But there were naming conflicts and full of errors when trying to add the two instances.

Anyone else have any experience with this?  Adding two instances that exist in an older version of the family table, to the brand new version?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

All my snooping I couldnt find that article.  Thanks Randy, I will give it a try and report back

"The beauty of family tables, they are like a real family, you shouldnt break them up, families stay together."

Yes, NEVER EVER EVER EVER delete instances from a Family Table*. 

family.jpg

*Almost never but leave it to experts.

Top Tags