cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Any workarounds for "branch point" failures when purging?

AntonioVillanue
8-Gravel

Any workarounds for "branch point" failures when purging?

I blogged about this last year but its really an issue now. If you have an iteration from which you revise, it cannot be purged without removing all later versions. In my case, I have a user who uploaded two 300MB TIF attachments to an assembly. Yes, they did. That version was revised and eventually cleaned up to remove the TIF attachments from later iterations. I went in as an admin and iterated that old iteration to also remove the attachment. One would think that I could just purge the iterations of the first version and those files would be gone. Nope. They system says that since the later versions were branched off that bad iteration, it cannot be removed.

Does anyone know a way to fix this or override this block? Using PDMLink 9.1. This is not the only bad apple. Another user created two 800MB Shrinkwrap attachments. Here is the error:

"Conflict Message : Branch point iterations are attempted for deletion without deleting all iterations on successive branches.

#Unable to delete following objects as they are branch point iteration."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tech support replied back that there is an SPR for this and it will be addressed in WC 10 at some point. Guess I will have to hold out till then.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SQL?

ControlBranch table as well as any baseline table could be the culprit. If open to SQL, suggest copying values of what you want to keep someone to stage, removing the undesired by forcing it to be the latest or highest, and then after it is removed, go back and set the values back to what they should be on what you want to keep. Control branch is the version reference identifier. Other options, create new control branches with SQL and once you know the new ida2a2, change these as well as the iteration infos on the epm documents.

Customization?

There are a lot of annoying things that have huge gaps in the system for administration purposes. I am working on a JCA table customization and creating information pages for vaults, vault folders, etc. so I can quickly from the UI see what vault or vault folder holds primary content (CAD model) No, I am not getting paid to do this either in my salary, it just makes life easier long term. Motivated by the burns in my britches haha.

SQL? Blasphemy! I do admit to DB tweaks now and then but if there is one thing that could nuke a system is playing with this kind of stuff at that level. I agree. Its probably as simple as a single IDA2A2 reference in a row but lets try more sane approach first.

Tech support replied back that there is an SPR for this and it will be addressed in WC 10 at some point. Guess I will have to hold out till then.

Top Tags