cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Anyone used Rehost Utility 3.0 and do you have documentation, instead of using PTC documentation? Thanks,

dgraham-5
6-Contributor

Anyone used Rehost Utility 3.0 and do you have documentation, instead of using PTC documentation? Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A few years back I posted a note promising a full lobster dinner to anyone in PTC management who was actually able to use the utility successfully using PTC's documentation of it - and lots of images of lobsters floated around.  Lots of documentation but not very usable.  I've created some - needs to be refined.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

A few years back I posted a note promising a full lobster dinner to anyone in PTC management who was actually able to use the utility successfully using PTC's documentation of it - and lots of images of lobsters floated around.  Lots of documentation but not very usable.  I've created some - needs to be refined.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dgraham-5)

Following the PTC Rehost documentation is a nightmare. I am still doing rehosts manually rather than bite the bullet and use the utility. BUT, I am resolved to do my next rehost using the utilty. I have the backups all done from the current servers, <loadpoint>/vaults, Vaults, Oracle and LDAP backups. Now it crack the Rehost guide and try again. If anyone has some quick cheat sheets to using the Rehost utility, they would be appreciated.

Windchill 10.0 m040 (rehost will be used to develop Windchill 11.0 m010 upgrade steps)

About 3 years ago I promised to buy anyone in management at PTC a lobster dinner with all the trimmings if any of them could actually get the simplest possible re-host process to work using the PTC guide for it:  OTB PDMLink and Oracle on a single server, with data consisting of one WTDocument, no clustering, no replication, no active directly, etc., etc., vault copied manually.

Offer still stands.

lbstr.png

He11,  I will buy dessert.  

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dgraham-5)

And still no documentation other than PTC's pathetic attempt at such.

zenarruza
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

We are a bit late to answer the original question but we succeeded rehosting a Windchill 11 instance by using PTC Rehosting Utility 3.0 M010. We used the tool to change the full URL, including also the web app name. So, where is our lobster dinner? 😜

Top Tags