cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Apache LDAP authentication

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Apache LDAP authentication

Thanks for all the help so far.

We're stuck at the Apache LDAP Authentication for rehosting our 9.1 pdmlink system.

When i have the script webAppConfig.xml addAuthProvider, I have to input:

-DappName=Web_application_name

-DproviderName=LDAP_provider_name

-DLdapUrl=Target_LDAP_URL

The advanced install guide said the web app name was the wiindchill instance name.

Where do I find the provider naem and target ldap url?

Thanks

Bryon

4 REPLIES 4

If you look in Apache\conf\extra\app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml, you can find the existing values for the source. Modify as needed for the target.

Thank you. I am using that as a template to get to. Apache 2.2 is adding urls instead of replacing them. Anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks

In Reply to Mary Mitchell:

If you look in Apache\conf\extra\app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml, you can find the existing values for the source. Modify as needed for the target.

Bryon, post your entire authprovider xml here.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDA0AA.D26855F0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Steve,

The first name in the authprovider is incorrect. The last two should be correct.

Thanks

<providers enablentlm="false">

<provider>

<name>Windchill-Windchill-EnterpriseLdap</name>

<ldapurl>ldap://cvptc03.komatsu-na.com:389</ldapurl><

/provider>

<provider>

<name>Windchill-EnterpriseLdap</name>

<ldapurl>ldap://cvptc03.komatsu-na.com:389/ou=people,cn=EnterpriseLdap,cn=Windchill_9.1,o=ptc</ldapurl> </provider> <provider>

<name>Windchill-AdministrativeLdap</name>

<ldapurl>ldap://cvptc03.komatsu-na.com:389/ou=people,cn=AdministrativeLdap,cn=Windchill_9.1,o=ptc</ldapurl> </provider></providers>

Top Tags