cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Are Change Tasks really not searchable Objects?

Lohbauer
1-Newbie

Are Change Tasks really not searchable Objects?

I have not been able to find a clean was to simply search for a Change Task by Task number outside of Query builder. The Change Task is not an object available in the Advanced Search. My recommendation is to make a Change Task Object searchable. To locate a task by Change Notice Implementation Plan is a long way round.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to James Paschetto of PTC for providing the answer. Yes, Change Tasks are searchable objects, but not by default. You need to update the site.xconf file by adding the following line:

<AddToProperty name="PDMLink.allSearch" value="wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2"/>

Then propagate the changes through xconfmanager and restart your method server. It worked for me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mrane
1-Newbie
(To:Lohbauer)

Hi Robert,

There might be a good reason for not making the 'Change Task' searchable OOTB. Are you looking for a way to customize the type picker on the advanced search page such that it shows 'Change Task ' ? And one could fire a search for the same.

-Malavika

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Lohbauer)

You can add Change Activity (aka Change Task) to the list of object types that can be searched.

CS128429

A similar case specifically for Change objects is : CS115184

Thanks to James Paschetto of PTC for providing the answer. Yes, Change Tasks are searchable objects, but not by default. You need to update the site.xconf file by adding the following line:

<AddToProperty name="PDMLink.allSearch" value="wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2"/>

Then propagate the changes through xconfmanager and restart your method server. It worked for me.

Top Tags