cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Are you using Packages in Windchill?

GenePeterman
1-Newbie

Are you using Packages in Windchill?

Good moring,

I am looking to get together with some folks that are using packages to understand how they are using them? Specifically, how are you conveying the linkage between parts and documents when using a package whether it is the static manifest or the offline html viewer. Would appreciate any info.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

We tried to use it but failed. The package function is not working in Windchill PDMLink 9.1. There is an opened SPR, but it has never been accomplished.

Can you be more specific about what failed? Was it not working at all or did you find some shortfall in the functionality?

When I tried to package some large EPMDocument assemblies (with about 3000 parts), it failed to finish the operation. The test server continued outputing temporary files into the temporary folder. When I checking these files, I found that they were all same duplications. At last, all the free space (about 13G) in my test server disk was used up, the system reported insufficient disk space error, and the package operation failed.

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:GenePeterman)

We use packages. We use product structure to relay most of the information using the HTML interface provide but a lot of times people just go in and look at the PVZs/PDFs of the drawings or look at the information direclty in Windchill.

Top Tags