cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

As Stored Drawing References

TomU
23-Emerald IV

As Stored Drawing References

Can someone please clarify how I list the 'as stored' version of a drawing's references?

For assemblies I can use the structure browser. For drawings the only thing I'm seeing is the References section of the Related Objects tab. Unfortunately this only shows the Latest Version.

I can manually add the drawing to a workspace with the config spec. set to 'as stored'. There has to be a way to display this without adding to workspace.

This is with Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M020. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Found it!

I was sure I could do this in 9.1. So sure I went back and fired up our old system just to remember how. It was the "Relationship Report" tab.

b1.PNG

Take a look at the attached pictures. Notice how, when using the 'as stored' config spec., each drawing version lists is corresponding model version.

b2.PNG

b3.PNG

b4.PNG

b5.PNG

It still exists in 10.2, but has to be manually added to a new tab. It's not visible by default out of the box.

b6.PNG

b7.PNG

b8.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

You may be able to do this using an I*E task. An example one may be found here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS167152

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:LoriSood)

No offense, but really?!? I can't see what version of a object is tied to a particular drawing without writing custom code?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

I understand.... It would make a good Idea!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Found it!

I was sure I could do this in 9.1. So sure I went back and fired up our old system just to remember how. It was the "Relationship Report" tab.

b1.PNG

Take a look at the attached pictures. Notice how, when using the 'as stored' config spec., each drawing version lists is corresponding model version.

b2.PNG

b3.PNG

b4.PNG

b5.PNG

It still exists in 10.2, but has to be manually added to a new tab. It's not visible by default out of the box.

b6.PNG

b7.PNG

b8.PNG

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Ah.... I'd forgotten about that report! It's been ages since I've had to look at it. Well, I'm glad there's an easier way to do it than the I*E task!

Top Tags