Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign User to Role in CR for use in CN

Participant

I am trying to get the user that completes a specific task in the ECR, assign them to a Role and propogate that to the ECN. Here is what I have thus far:

wt.inf.container.WTContainer cont = ((wt.inf.container.WTContained)primaryBusinessObject).getContainer();
wt.inf.team.ContainerTeam contTeam = wt.inf.team.ContainerTeamHelper.service.getContainerTeam( (wt.inf.team.ContainerTeamManaged)cont);
wt.org.WTPrincipal wtprincipal1 = wt.session.SessionMgr.getPrincipal();
chgmgmtldr = (wt.org.WTUser)wt.session.SessionMgr.getPrincipal();
wt.inf.team.ContainerTeamHelper.service.addMember(contTeam,crLeader,wtprincipal1);

Printing the values for these looks correct:

Container= Test Product

contTeam= Product Test Product

wtprincipal1= User
name = Administrator
inflated = true......etc

However, what gets assigned to Role crLeader is a value of ASSIGNEE. Not what I wanted. I would expect it would be the wtprincipal as shown. How can I get this assigned correctly and am I going down the correct path to get this user/role from the ECR to the ECN?

Thanks,

James

4 REPLIES 4

RE: Assign User to Role in CR for use in CN

Wanted to follow-up and show the results for any future reference. I have a task assigned to a Role that has multiple users. I want to know who actually completes the task so I add this code to the Complete Transaction for that task:

wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2 request = ((wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2)primaryBusinessObject);
wt.team.Team team=(wt.team.Team)request.getTeamId().getObject();
java.util.Vector roles=team.getRoles();
for (int i=0;i<roles.size();i++) {<br="/> wt.project.Role role=(wt.project.Role)roles.get(i);
if (role.getStringValue().equalsIgnoreCase("wt.project.role.CHANGE MANAGER")) {
team.addPrincipal(role,chgmgmtldr);

}

This adds the user that completes the task to the "CHANGE MANAGER" Role for the Change Request.

I then need this user in the Change Notice. so I added this to a robot where several other attributes get populated:

String role2=new String("wt.project.role.CHANGE MANAGER");
com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.server.impl.WorkflowProcessHelper.setRoleToECN((wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2)primaryBusinessObject,role2);

The problem this solves is I have tasks in the Change Notice that have to be assigned to a particular user that completes a task in the Change Request. Problem solved.

Regards,

I am trying to get the user that completes a specific task in the ECR, assign them to a Role and propogate that to the ECN. Here is what I have thus far:

wt.inf.container.WTContainer cont = ((wt.inf.container.WTContained)primaryBusinessObject).getContainer();
wt.inf.team.ContainerTeam contTeam = wt.inf.team.ContainerTeamHelper.service.getContainerTeam( (wt.inf.team.ContainerTeamManaged)cont);
wt.org.WTPrincipal wtprincipal1 = wt.session.SessionMgr.getPrincipal();
wt.inf.team.ContainerTeamHelper.service.addMember(contTeam,crLeader,wtprincipal1);

Printing the values for these looks correct:

Container= Test Product

contTeam= Product Test Product

wtprincipal1= User
name = Administrator
inflated = true......etc

However, what gets assigned to Role crLeader is a value of ASSIGNEE. Not what I wanted. I would expect it would be the wtprincipal as shown. How can I get this assigned correctly and am I going down the correct path to get this user/role from the ECR to the ECN?

Thanks,

James

This is great James! Thank you for posting the solution

[cid:image001.gif@01CDB814.EFBC8AA0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Side note: What version of Windchill did your perform this on?

[cid:image001.gif@01CDB815.25915D40]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

RE: Assign User to Role in CR for use in CN

We are currently on 9.1 M060 and are in the process of going to 10.0 M040.

In Reply to Steve Vinyard:

Side note: What version of Windchill did your perform this on?

[cid:image001.gif@01CDB815.25915D40]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer