cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Assigning Users to Roles when the Workflow is Initiated

jrussell
4-Participant

Assigning Users to Roles when the Workflow is Initiated

I have a manager that wants to assign the person for the engineer, checker, and industral engineer roles at the time the workflow is initiated. Can this be done with the 'Conditional' robot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All we did was assign roles to activities in the workflow and then selected 'Set Up Participants' in the Manager activity. This allows the manager to assign users to the roles in the other workflow activities.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:jrussell)

Two options:

- Pretty standard: Make the Manager's Task in the Workflow Template "Setup Participants" type. He then gets a UI (third tab on the Task) to assign users to Roles.

- Brute Force option: Give the Manager Modify permission to the Team object type (at Site, Policy Admin). He can then Edit the Members table of any object with a process. Downside - Manager won't know which to edit / when.

jrussell
4-Participant
(To:jrussell)

I got it to work for choosing the next user for the next workflow process. I wasn't able to choose all users (project engineer, industrial engineering, production control) from the very begining of the workflow. If you have some advice on how to choose all users at the start of the workflow, please let me know.

Thanks,

James

Why you don't like to do it with the expression robot? You need some strings of java code to do it.

Team team = TeamHelper.service.getTeam(self.getObject());

team.addPrincipal(Role, WTPrincipal);

All we did was assign roles to activities in the workflow and then selected 'Set Up Participants' in the Manager activity. This allows the manager to assign users to the roles in the other workflow activities.

Top Tags