cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Assistance Required: Uploading and Replacing Modified PDFs in Windchill EPMDocument Attachments via

ozclkonur
12-Amethyst

Assistance Required: Uploading and Replacing Modified PDFs in Windchill EPMDocument Attachments via

The PDFs are sent to the attachment section. For example, there are four PDFs created in sequence, but later a user inserts a PDF between them, for instance, between 1 and 2, and assigns it a sheet number of 2. However, because it was originally a PDF with a page order of 5, it naturally appears at the end instead of between 1 and 3. I developed an intermediate application in C# that scans the incoming PDFs using OCR, rearranges them according to the sheet number, and converts them back into a PDF. However, I couldn't find an API that allows me to upload this modified PDF back into Windchill. How can I send or replace this modified PDF in the Attachment section of the relevant drawing in EPMDocument? I couldn't find a way when I looked at the REST APIs in WRS. Could you help with this?

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:ozclkonur)

Just so we can get a sense of your setup, are you uploaded to the attachments section a single, multisheet PDF or one PDF per sheet? Are these PDFs being generated automatically upon check in or using the WVS CAD workers? Is this legacy data importation or newly created data?

Announcements

Top Tags