cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Associating Documents through Workflows

MichaelWright
1-Newbie

Associating Documents through Workflows

I am probably way overthinking this issue I'm having, but I chalk it up to my lack of experience with the system. Here is my question. I have a workflow that calls upon another workflow process within it. You are required to submit a document in both processes to kick them off. I want to associate the documents to each other automatically through the workflow to alleviate the stress on our users. We are still in the planning stages of getting this going, so I wanted to see if there is anything that I need to look for or do in order to accomplish this. Any help that you guys can provide would be great.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

You need to look for sync activity or listeners.

Example can be seen in ootb change management workflows where ecr - eco process - sync its state when eco is release etc.

I'm confused.

A.) The two processes are fired individually and have their own primaryBusinessObject

or B.) the "parent process" creates a "child process" from a workflow template?

If A, what's your criteria for finding the other document?

If B, you can pass the "primaryBusinessObject" to the child process in the "Variable Mapping" tab.

Also, what do you mean by "associate?" Do you have a link class in mind?

Hi Michael,

I believe Matthew's "B" seems to be the solution to your question.

If so could you mark his answer as correct?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Top Tags