cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Attaching ProE PDF dwg to WTpart

astokes
1-Newbie

Attaching ProE PDF dwg to WTpart

I downloaded several part numbers and now I need to start attaching documents, such as PDF files for a part spec and/or ProE created drawings that were converted into a PDF file. The ProE model and dwgare not in PDMLink yet, I just need to capture the PDF. So, there are several selections in the Related Objects tab, do I place the PDF in the Described by Document, Reference Documents or CAD/Dynamic Documents?

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:astokes)

I would create WTPart for the PN, then use Described by Document to attach the PDF. You can later create the part file and associate it to the same WTPart.

Described by Document or Reference Document both do the same function in PDMLink, just you need to decide how the terminology applies to you. I had a PDF of an electrical schematic done in AutoCAD that I needed to attach to the WTpart and the bulk-item part file. Since the AutoCAD file is actually describing the schematic, I chose Described by Document. If I have a vendor CAD model, like a hydraulic fitting, I would use a PDF from the vendor and attach it as a Reference Document.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.
Top Tags