cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Attribute Mapping Between Model and Drawing

mbrown-nasa
4-Participant

Attribute Mapping Between Model and Drawing

If you have an explicitly mapped attribute, and you populate that attribute in a drawing from within Windchill, should not this attribute populate in the mapped parameter of the CAD model once that CAD model is opened in a Creo session? Shouldn't the client-side workspace automatically synchronize the metadata? The example follows.

Attribute Name = My Box

Attribute internal Name = MyBox

Creo Field Mapped Name = CARTON

Creo Drawing Parameter = CARTON (designated)

Creo Model Parameter = CARTON (designated)

Operation

Perform Check Out and Edit Attributes on drawing in Windchill (MyBox = Standard)

Check In drawing

Open associated model (,prt) in Creo

Should not CARTON = Standard?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

Not sure if you solved your problem.

I can suggest write parameter:0=parameter:D in the program of the drawing.

in your case CARTON:0=CARTON:D

Please tell me if it works for you or if you found another workaround.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mbrown-nasa)

This question was from 9 months ago...

No, making changes to the drawing's parameters, either in Creo or via the Windchill attributes, will NOT change the parent model's parameters.  A drawing program (as shown above) WILL allow the drawing to automatically follow the model, but only when the drawing is opened in Creo.  To the best of my knowledge, this only works one direction, from the model to the drawing.

Also, be very careful with the ":0" syntax.  This will refer to the first model in session and may not be the drawing's parent model.  If you're on a more recent build of Creo, the better syntax is ":MDL".  This will automatically convert to the proper session ID for the parent model.

Top Tags