cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Auto Association of WTParts with WTDocuemnts while Bulk Loading

PLMBWIR
1-Newbie

Auto Association of WTParts with WTDocuemnts while Bulk Loading

Hi ,

Is it possible to automatically associate WTDocuments as a secondary content to WTParts during the bulk load of the WTDocuments .

Incidentally both the WTDocument and WTParts have the same Part Number . So using that can I link them ?

Thanks in advance

With Regards ,

Sriram Subramanian (Sri)
Mobile - +91-9962014767

4 REPLIES 4

HiSriram

There are two loader available for associating documents to part i.e. "Described By Documents" and "References Document "

<csvpartdocreference handler="wt.part.LoadPart.createPartDocReference">

<csvpartnumber>Box302</csvpartnumber>

<csvpartiteration></csvpartiteration>

<csvorganizationname></csvorganizationname>

</csvpartdocreference>

Check file \Windchill\loadFiles\pdmlink\demodata\SpatialFiltering\AssemblyPartWithAssociatedDocument.xml for sample

PartDocDescribes~create~wt.part.LoadPart.createPartDocDescribes~docNumber~docVersion~docIteration~partNumber~partVersion~partIteration~partView~partVariation1~partVariation2~organizationName~organizationID

<csvdocversion>A</csvdocversion>

<csvpartnumber>MTAR0002</csvpartnumber>

<csvpartiteration></csvpartiteration>

</csvpartdocdescribes>

Check file \Windchill\loadFiles\maturity_test\maturityTestDocs.xml for sample

Hope this helps !!!

Shreyas

Thanks Guys , but I feel that there is a complexity in defining XML for say I wanted to migrated 1Lakh Part-Doc Relationship.

I would suggest (If you are comfortable writing a java) to associate a Part-Doc via Loader . All you need to do is to buid the state table (DB) and run the loader .As for Ref Link you need to associate WTPart - Doc Master and for Desc Link you need to associate Part-Doc.

Regards,

Sriram Rammohan

Since above two are “OOTB” loader so you don’t need to prepare XML file. You can create csv file using MS excel (I feel that there isn’t a complexity in defining CSV file for 1Lakh )and then convert it to XML using “OOTB utility” XML2CSV(http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=WCDataLoad_UseCSV2XML_ConvertCSVFilesXMLFormat&action=show) .

Refer data loading guide (http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156986/en/WCDataLoadGuide.pdf )for more details about loader

Thanks,

I agree with you but on a condition considering the scalability of the data. For a complex migration DB is prefered (index/hashmapping) as you cannot expect the performace (more of parsing) if the data size is huge. Using OOTB needs no need to engage Oracleguy / No DB CLient .

Sriram Rammohan

Top Tags