cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Automatic publishing of pre-converted file.

K_Patil
5-Regular Member

Automatic publishing of pre-converted file.

Hi, 

I have configured publishing of preconverted files. Is it possible to trigger publishing of preconverted file on meta data change or on any other action?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @K_Patil 

Here are articled described how to set the rules for state change

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS210431

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS115536

What metadata are changed? attributes? names? States? locations?

The system can republish on the metadata change but it depends how your metadata are changed.. 

If are changed by checkout/in then the visualization is created automaticaly.

If state, Name,Number are changed the visualization should be republished based on configuration. PS> there is a xconf property that can turn of this behavior. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS74977

If your metadata are changed by your own code, then there is no triger and you have to send the object to a publish queue by your code.

PetrH

K_Patil
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr , 

Thank you for sharing the info, I have already went through these articles, 

Could you please let me know if this also applied for preconverted files.? 

Hi @K_Patil 

What do you mean pre-converted? do you talk about the additional files as PDF, DXF that are part of the visualization?

If so, then it applyes to them. If the representation is regenerated the additional files are also regenerated during the visualization process. 

PetrH

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm guessing @K_Patil is referring to DWG, DXF, PDF, TIFF, BMP, etc.  (See CS36856 in the knowledge base.)

Since these files are typically stored as WTDocuments, these two wvs properties should control their publishing:

• publish.publishondocumentchange
  • publish.republishondocumentchange

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS363373

K_Patil
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU ,

Yes, I am referring to DWG, DXF, PDF, TIFF, BMP, etc. these files. 

I have set below values to true, but it is not publishing on state change. 

• publish.publishondocumentchange
  • publish.republishondocumentchange

Hi @K_Patil 

Do you propagate the xconf change? so wvs.properties really contains the right value?

Do your publish rules configuration contains also 

<publish on="unknown-source"/>

This unknown source is very important what I remember.

Also you need to check the visualization queue if the visualization is really finished. 

PetrH

K_Patil
5-Regular Member

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

As per article CS305417, WTDocument cannot be driven by publish rules as it is not using any authoring application. 

I tried to publish it on check in by enabling below property in wvs.properties. 

publish.service.documents.checkin.enabled=true , and it worked. 

Thank you for your help. @HelesicPetr and @TomU .

Hi @K_Patil 

Oh, so you need to set the dummy wvs configuration.

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s "worker..DWG=DUMMY,preconverted=true"

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s "worker..TIF=DUMMY,preconverted=true"

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s "worker..BMP=DUMMY,preconverted=true"

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s "worker..JPG=DUMMY,preconverted=true"

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s "worker..PNG=DUMMY,preconverted=true"

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s "worker..PDF=DUMMY,preconverted=true" -p

Yes @TomU , I misunderstood 😄 

PetrH

Hello @K_Patil

It looks like you have some responses from some community members on your topic. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags