cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Automatically create change notice check box

MikeIbosh
1-Newbie

Automatically create change notice check box

All,
I'm a little puzzled on this. I'm using 10.1 M010 and looking at the OOTB Change Request workflow process, and trying to figure out how they get the Automatically create change notice check box to appear on the Create New Change Notice task. It's not the state of the CR before the task (because I changed that and it still appeared)? I've looked at the process and I don't see any magic before or during that task to make the check box appear. Has anyone else figured this one out? Is there documentation that explains how to expose the Automatically create change notice check box functionality in a custom CR workflow?

Mike
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

The following procedure is included in the topic entitled "Automatically Creating a Change Notice from a Change Request" in the Windchill Help Center. Is this helpful?

To create a change notice automatically from a change request, use the following procedure:

1. From a Create Change Notice task on the My Tasks table on the home page, select the Automatically Create Change Notice checkbox.

2. When the task is completed, the change notice is automatically created.

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Windchill Publications

T 763.957.8299
E -

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:jzupfer)

I would like to make this happen, but I'm having some trouble understanding the workflow here. This task seems hard to pin down even by PTC standards of foggy help files.

I'm using Windchill 11 M030 on IE 11 and Windows 10 and this is the closest thing I see to what the conversation here is discussing.  This "actions on subject" doesn't seem to provide an automatic creation of a Change Notice, just a chance to make one.  Is this what this thread is talking about, or am I off in lala land?

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. It's literally the name of the task itself (Create New Change Notice) that adds the check box to the task and throws an exception if the task is completed without an associated Change Notice.

Mike

Eric,
You are absolutely correct on that one. It's the exact spelling of the task name in the change request. I have tested this in 10.1 M010 (now) and that is how it works. I can't believe that PTC didn't make that a preference or something. Oh well, thanks for the information.

Mike Ibosh
Top Tags