cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Automatically registering correct Windchill Server from Pro/E WF4

ToddSwartz
5-Regular Member

Automatically registering correct Windchill Server from Pro/E WF4

We are looking to move to Windchill PDMLink 10. This is our first Windchill implementation and I have some concerns about registering the server from Pro/E. We have over 500 users and while most will be able to set the server properly, there will be a percentage that will either not read directions or find creative ways to mess this up.

Has anyone been able to successfully register the Windchill server from Pro/Engineer automatically through batch or any other means that is transparent to the user?

Currently we are still using Intralink 3.4 and I have a feeling that this is adding to the problem during testing since I often receive messages that the server is offline, even though I can connect through a standalone browser.

Any help is appreciated, Todd

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ToddSwartz)

I have not tried this myself, but this could be done with a Pro/E trail file. The only interuprt would be supplying server credentials which is not captured in the Pro/E trail file. This would only give you 1/2 of the registration process because the user would still need to authenticate, choose a workspace and pick OK.

use a mapkey, add your own icon to the toolbar

!REGISTER PDMLINK SERVER

mapkey RS @MAPKEY_NAMERegister PDMLink Server;@MAPKEY_LABELREG SERVER;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdUtilWebRegServ`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `siteregistrydialog` `MenuBar1`1 `ServerMenuPane`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `siteregistrydialog` `MenuBar1`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `siteregistrydialog` `ServerRegisterNewPshBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Input `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerNameIPanel` `Windchill`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerNameIPanel` `Windchill`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerNameIPanel`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Input `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerLocationIPanel` \

mapkey(continued) `https://<pdmlink_server_hostname>/Windchill`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerLocationIPanel` \

mapkey(continued) `https://<pdmlink_server_hostname>/Windchill`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerLocationIPanel`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerCheckPshBtn`;

Top Tags