cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

BackgroundMethodserver

apatil-2
1-Newbie

BackgroundMethodserver

I have configured BGMS in my server. Now when I am trying to start windchill either, MS or BGMS is starting but not Both. One of them will just blink and goes off. What might be the reason for this.? Earlier it was working fine on same server.

8 REPLIES 8
VINO
4-Participant
(To:apatil-2)

Please attach the MS logs here.So that it's easy for others to understand your problem

SimonHeath
4-Participant

Probably configured on the same port, it is all in the wt.properties, include this file as well. Solution will probably be adjusting the site.xconf

KD
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

Also make sure you have enough memory for MinHeaSize settings

VINO
4-Participant
(To:KD)

What value should I give for minHeap?Or normally what will be the required size to start a BGMS?

I dont see any logs attached to this thread. Without this it will be just a wild guess with the resolution.It will also be good if you can mention the version of Windchill being used.

You can try executing the Windchill Config Assistant (WCA) in an interactive mode and specify the settings accordingly.. WCA calculates the no. of method servers per CPUs as shown below

methodServersPerCpu.1=1

methodServersPerCpu.2=2

methodServersPerCpu.3=2

methodServersPerCpu.4=2

methodServersPerCpu.5=2

methodServersPerCpu.6=2

methodServersPerCpu.7=3

methodServersPerCpu.8=3

methodServersPerCpu.9=3

methodServersPerCpu.10=4

methodServersPerCpu.11=4

methodServersPerCpu.12=4

methodServersPerCpu.13=4

methodServersPerCpu.14=5

methodServersPerCpu.15=5

methodServersPerCpu.16=5

methodServersPerCpu.17=5

methodServersPerCpu.18=5

methodServersPerCpu.19=6

methodServersPerCpu.20=6

methodServersPerCpu.21=6

methodServersPerCpu.22=6

methodServersPerCpu.23=7

methodServersPerCpu.24=7

methodServersPerCpu.25=7

methodServersPerCpu.26=7

methodServersPerCpu.27=7

methodServersPerCpu.28=8

methodServersPerCpu.29=8

methodServersPerCpu.30=8

methodServersPerCpu.31=8

methodServersPerCpu.32=8

You need to check the available free system memory. WCA mentions the minsize as 768 MB for the method server. This is from 10.2 M010.

Hope that helps

Regards

~Syed

VINO
4-Participant
(To:shussaini)

I'm facing the same issue which OP have.Either MS or BGMS is starting at once.When method server starts and disappears the log file is not generating for method server.Only BGMS have logs.I'm using Windchill 10.0 M030

Anyways I have not configured WCA yet.

Thanks

sprasad-2
1-Newbie
(To:VINO)

Share the wt.properties file.That will be helpful to diagnose the problem instead of chasing wild goose.

To get rid of this I decided to remove BGMS configuration. So In site.xconf I commented the BGMS coficg properties and restarted the server. It took me to surprise ,now MS and BGMS are starting without any issue . So I got what I wanted But I don't know how it worked. Any way thanks guys for your valuable time and response.

Announcements

Top Tags