cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Baseline Problem

pramkumar
1-Newbie

Baseline Problem

Hi Team,

i have come across some problem while creating ECN's in Windchill.

Here is the query, I require the Top Level Assembly part number which is in "In Work" state to "Design Release" state. While Doing this the associated sub assembly component part numbers also called and they are in "In Work" State. But i want to use the Sub assembly components in "Design Release" state, to process my top level assembly part number in ECN.

Please help me out to resolve this

1 REPLY 1

If I understood your question, you should be looking at Business Rule Configuration, specifically BOM Release Rule.

This business rule ensures that all resulting objects are at an appropriate state and all their first-level dependants are at the appropriate state. If a child object is also a resulting object, that child goes to the target state when released through the change notice, instead of staying at the current state.

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=BusRulesBOMReleaseRuleRef&action=show 

Thanks,

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

Top Tags