cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Best practices for using Guice in Windchill customizations

dsodling
5-Regular Member

Best practices for using Guice in Windchill customizations

Dear all,

we use Guice in many of our customizations and even though it work fairly well I have started to think a bit about how to do this in a manner that follows some sort of best practices. There are many entry points into Windchill customizations such as service startups, action validators, form processors, data utilites and so on and because of that I often find myself creating multiple instances of the Guice Injector class in order to instantiate my objects via Guice. 

It seems to me that since Windchill is a (more or less) Spring based web applicaion threre should be some way of loading modules and creating an injector in a way that allows me to create it once and then reuse throughout my various customizations. 

Has anyone else managed to find some sort of best practice aproach to this or is there anyone who has some ideas and/or opinions on this subject? Any input will be greatly appreciated. 

Best regards

Daniel Södling 

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I've bever used Guice in PDMlink, but just a remark. PDMLink is not a Spring app. It uses some Sptring elements, like controllers, but nothing more.

But maybe it's enough to use Guice 🙂 I'm intersted to know if it works.

dsodling
5-Regular Member
(To:olivierfresse)

Thanks for the clarification, that makes one less path to investigate. 

I'll let you know if I figure something out.

Top Tags