cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Biggest "Binary" Windchill Performance Issues?

bsindelar
6-Contributor

Biggest "Binary" Windchill Performance Issues?

In my experience with Windchill I’ve noticed that the majority of the issues faced by users, administrators, and other trouble-shooters can be classified as “Binary”: something is either functioning correctly or not.  (There are also “Optimization” problems, but I’ll address that under a different post.) 

Binary problems are typically associated with business configuration issues.  For example…

1. Workflow templates configured with possible non-complete-able scenarios
  2. ACL configuration that allows too much or not enough access to users
  3. Type and/or Attribute configurations that don’t exhibit expected behavior (layout, attribute and value display/access, search function, etc…)
  4. Unintended context-by-context configuration variance (e.g. caused by a lack of templates)
  5. Other similar business configurations

What is your experience with “Binary” problems?

How would you rank the above issues (or other issues you experience) relative to their impact on application performance as a whole (Most common to least common)?

Are there other important “Binary” scenarios that I’ve missed?

What are the most detrimental “Binary” performance issues in your Windchill installation that you are experiencing today?

I’m assembling a list of Windchill performance management priorities for my boss.  Thanks for your help!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags