cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Biggest "Optimization" Windchill Performance Issues?

bsindelar
6-Contributor

Biggest "Optimization" Windchill Performance Issues?

In similar light of my question yesterday regarding "Binary" performance issues ...

I’ve noticed that there are a lot of Windchill performance issues associated with problems I call “Optimization” issues:  something is functioning, but not to the level of quantity/quality/speed expected or desired.

Optimization problems are typically associated with system configuration issues.  For example…

1. Long times to open/check-out/save objects (particularly large EPMDocuments
  2. Slow speeds / intermittent connectivity between master site and replica sites
  3. Variance in response time of general Windchill browsing and lightweight tasks over the course of the workday
  4. Resource/time impact during backup procedures
  5. Other similar system configurations …

What is your experience with “Optimization” problems?

How would you rank the above issues (or other issues you experience) relative to their impact on application performance as a whole (Most common to least common)?

Are there other important “Optimization” scenarios that I’ve missed?

What are the most detrimental “Optimization” performance issues in your Windchill installation that you are experiencing today?

This is also part of the list of Windchill performance management priorities I am assembling for my boss.  Thanks again for your help!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags