cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Bulk Load OIRs?

tbusch
1-Newbie

Bulk Load OIRs?

So I've been studying the Business Admin guide and the Data Loading guide, looking for a wait to load OIRs from the command line. I did find how to create a load file and load a single OIR properly, but I'm trying to figure out how to load multiple OIRs in one load file. You can't have two <typebasedrule/> elements at the root, because XML has to have one root element. However, I tried putting in a <libraryconfig/> element asa wrapper, and got a less than useless "bad xml" error.

Has anyone done this? Any insight would help! I suspect it's similar to how one would load ACLs and other container-specific stuff.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:tbusch)

There is an example of this for ootb OIR's under load files, search for the xml you mention to find the files.

If you can't find it, then I'll look.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
ddemay
1-Newbie

Save you trouble, its loadFiles/FoundationInitRules.xml

Had it open...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
tbusch
1-Newbie

Ah, so I was trying to use a LibraryConfig element but it wants me to use OrganizationConfig. Or could my problem have been the DTD called out at the top (I was using standardx05.xml)

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>
rey
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

If you are running on a windows os you can also create a bat file that will load them one a time.

FOR %%a IN (mysoftype1 mysoftype2 mysoftype3) DO windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile -u %ADMIN% -p %PASSWD% -d %%a-rule.xml

Rey
Top Tags