cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BulkLoader cant find PPT server

Weber
1-Newbie

BulkLoader cant find PPT server

When I start bulkloader analyze ( I pipe the messages into a textfile) I receive a two message First one is a error in fonttype ......command "´╗�" not found..... but anyway it continues. BUT then I get in my Textfile: "Welcome to ProductPoint Bulk Loader!! Reading settings file... Error in settings file. Target_Product_Point_Url is invalid, or the server is not running. Please correct the error and try again. I'm sure I have the correct URL in the settimgs file. Can this happen because I changed the passwort for my domain account ? When I type the URL in Explorer I need to type my password, bulkloader doesnt need that ?
2 REPLIES 2
BenDuquette
4-Participant
(To:Weber)

Hi Andreas, I ran into the same issue. The resolution was that you have to be logged in to the client computer as the same person who is an administrator on the ProductPoint server. In my case, I was logged into my client as Ben Duquette (which was not a domain user or ProductPoint user), but I was logging into ProductPoint (through Pro/E) as PPTAdmin. Adding Ben Duquette as a user on the ProductPoint server and adding him as an Owner inside of the ProductPoint interface did the trick. Same username and password is the key. Hopefully that makes sense. Regards, Ben Duquette TriStar, Inc.

Hallo Ben thanks for your reply. I'm logged on as the same user with admin rights on server and client. Also this admin is has admin right on the PPT. Only thing is that I changed the passwort for this user recently. Can this effect the problem ?
Top Tags