cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CAD WORKER PUBLISHING PROBLEMS

JoeFrancz
1-Newbie

CAD WORKER PUBLISHING PROBLEMS

Some jobs when submitted to the publisher are failing to publish. There are a few drawings that are going thru with no issues. The ones that have the problems all have the same below error message. I have attached a screen capture of the error message. I have re-submitted all these job a second time and have the same results.

Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4

Joe,

We created a video of clearing cues. This may help
&feature=plcp

Let us know if you have any questions.

Timothy J. Weatherford

TWeatherford, Inc.

3148 Beach Blvd

Cicero, IN 46034

866 936-2756 x 301

317 710 9747 mbl

419 821-5765 fax

Woman Owned Business Enterprise

competitor"

In Reply to Joe francz:

Some jobs when submitted to the publisher are failing to publish. There are a few drawings that are going thru with no issues. The ones that have the problems all have the same below error message. I have attached a screen capture of the error message. I have re-submitted all these job a second time and have the same results.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for everyones help that responded. The solution was to stop the cad worker first and then delete the cache on the cad worker machine.

The problem with the queue system is that things will hang up in there and there really is no way to get rid of them that doesn't require a Windchill restart (typically a cache clearing as well). A stuck queue is always at the "EXECUTING" state. In WC10 there is no way to remove this without the restart process. Its all a large pain. I do a couple of things to help alleviate these issues.

1- Setup multiple publishing queues (1 and 2).

a. Redundancy can help if one queue gets stuck

b. Doesn't just transfer everything from the stuck queue to the active but at least SOME stuff will get through

2- Republish Schedule

a. I have a publishalllatestepmdocumentnorepresentation job that runs very early in the AM after backups

b. I also do a cleanup job once a week

3- Worker machine reboot

a. This is a necessity as the worker machine can get hungup in a number of ways where even just restarting the worker services don't do the trick

b. I have a remote restart command of the windows type in my nightly backup script.

i. My backup script turns off Windchill, clears out the caches and restarts the worker machine all before doing the actual backup command and finally bringing everything back online

c. When used in conjunction with item #2 this helps keep everything published, the worker running smoothly and the queues in decent shape.

[cid:image001.gif@01CD64C6.383DD150]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
JamesKerkstra
5-Regular Member
(To:JoeFrancz)

If you are having trouble with stuck queues another nice option is to move the troublesome queues to a separate background method server. This allowed us to not have to not have to restart all of Windchill when our publisher was stopped. We simply login to jconsole and restart the bgms process that we setup for the publisher queues.

Top Tags