cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CIB members and functionality

vkourtessis
6-Contributor

CIB members and functionality

Hi dear Community

My Windchill version is 11.2.
Tried to add additional members to CIB during a Change Notice (in a specific product).
Under Team there are a lot of predefined Roles (like CA 1, CRB etc.)
but there is no CIB and I could not add the CIB role there.
The only way I could achieve this is to make a product specific Change Notice Team from Team Template
and change (for the product) the OIR for Change Notice from the default Change Notice Team to my product specific, Change Notice Team.
Am I missing something ? This is the right procedure ?

As far as I know CIB decisions are still offline, Change Admin II as chairman conducts the coordination and decides to approve or not the procedure.

Is there a way to online inform (through Windchill I mean) the other CIB members ? In order to achieve this must I change the out-of-the box Workflow of Change Notice ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes - as provided, Windchill change management workflow templates (for CR / CN) only provide for change admins to hold meetings and record the meeting results in Windchill.

It's one of the primary areas to add value - to spread this to all who need to review / approve changes by Role.  Every company is different in this area - in terms of Roles, series / parallel, etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yes - as provided, Windchill change management workflow templates (for CR / CN) only provide for change admins to hold meetings and record the meeting results in Windchill.

It's one of the primary areas to add value - to spread this to all who need to review / approve changes by Role.  Every company is different in this area - in terms of Roles, series / parallel, etc.

Top Tags