cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can I extract requirement from windchill PTC

CC_11208265
2-Guest

Can I extract requirement from windchill PTC

I am working on adding a custom widget to Windchill PTC. The widget's functionality is to export user stories to another application with the click of a button.

We have already implemented this functionality in IBM DOORS. I am attaching a reference video and am attempting to replicate the same functionality in WindChill PTC.

1 REPLY 1

@CC_11208265 wrote:

I am working on adding a custom widget to Windchill PTC. The widget's functionality is to export user stories to another application with the click of a button.

We have already implemented this functionality in IBM DOORS. I am attaching a reference video and am attempting to replicate the same functionality in WindChill PTC.

Hello,

Exporting user stories from Windchill PTC to another application can be achieved through various methods. Let’s explore a few options:

Custom Widget Integration:
Since you’re working on adding a custom widget to Windchill PTC, you can create a custom widget that interacts with the Windchill API to extract user stories and export them to your desired format (e.g., CSV, JSON, XML).
The custom widget can include a button that triggers the export process when clicked.
You’ll need to handle authentication, query the relevant data (user stories), and format it appropriately for export.
Refer to Windchill’s API documentation for details on how to retrieve user stories programmatically.
Reports and Export/Import:
Windchill provides features for exporting and importing data, including reports.
You can create a custom report template that extracts user stories based on specific criteria (e.g., labels, status, project).
Export the report along with its supporting files (if any) using the “Export Reports” action.
Import the exported report into another Windchill system (e.g., a different server) using the “Import Reports” action.
Note that this approach is more suitable for periodic exports rather than real-time interaction.
Import/Export Management Utility:
Windchill includes an Import/Export Management Utility that allows you to move content and metadata between sites.
You can export user stories (and related data) from one Windchill system and import them into another.
This utility uses JAR (Java archive) files for data storage and extraction.
Copying Data Between Windchill Servers:
If you’re migrating data between Windchill servers, consider using the Windchill data copy process.
This process involves exporting data from one server and importing it into another.
It covers various Windchill modules, including PDMLink, ProjectLink, Pro/INTRALINK, and PDM Essentials

Hope this will help you.

Best regards

Florence Gayhart

Top Tags