cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can anyone recommend a Product Point administration instructor?

BarrySchaeffer
1-Newbie

Can anyone recommend a Product Point administration instructor?

Gang,

We are well versed with ProEngineer and systems in general, and we have been very successful using Intralink 3.X to meet our needs. We spent $30K in consulting expense to determine that there was no flavor of PDMLink or Intralink 9.X that meets our needs, so we have decided to move to Product Point 2.0.

We have already decided that we want to migrate our entire database into structure libraries nested under the Catalog section, and have NO plans to use the Product side.

Can anyone recommend a person who is well versed in the real world capabilities and limitations of Product Point, who can provide members of our team with a course in PP administration?

Thanks for your time,

Barry Schaeffer

Fluke

Everett, WA

5 REPLIES 5

Barry,

ProductPoint 2.0 is still in Beta and therefore the people who know the most about it are AE's within the reseller channel or tech support and product managers within PTC. There will probably be some elearning that will be coming out soon as well. As for a "course" there is no formal training course with ProductPoint 2.0 as per above statement but with any specific questions or if you had a set range of topics you would are interested in being taught let me know and I can see if I can help.

Thanks,

Chris Olson

Enser Corp

Chris,

I've been working with PTC to help with PP2 beta, so I'm familiar with that.

Have you ever helped a group migrate from Intralink 3.4 to Product Point?

Barry

Not yet as I am running the beta version without the migrator, I have used the bulkloader utility before though and it is not too bad. How are you migrating from intralink 3.4? Are you using the migration utilities with 2.0 or with a more manual process?

Chris,

I have created a clone of our production 3.4 database in a nested set of folders. My plan is to use the bulk loader in combination with a master search_path list to load the latest version of each object into PP2.

Barry

That sounds good, Have you separated out your reusable parts (library)? You should probably do load that first as it will then incur the least amount of issues. If your products have many parts that are reused across multiple products and folders then you may not have a "library" and your method would be fine in that case.

In terms of "training" are you looking for admin training for 1 or 2 people or more user training? Or are you looking for training on how to use the bulk loader?

Chris Olson

Enser Corp

Top Tags