cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can not delete folder in workspace

dguichard
2-Guest

Can not delete folder in workspace

Hi,

In Windchill PDMLink 10.1, in 2 different workspaces when I erase a folder (empty) , it re-appears when I re-login. Why ?

Thanks for your help.

Did

10 REPLIES 10
habdul
6-Contributor
(To:dguichard)

Can you send a screenshot of that folder in the workspace or the workspaces list?

Gagan
7-Bedrock

Hello Didier

You can not add folder to the workspce , What you see in the server manager is the suggested workspace , you can activate the workspce with the same container name , Please provide the screenshot which help us to analyse

Regards

Gagan D

Hello,

Attached to this post the screenshots.

The folder concerned is 6017.

Thanks.

Did

1.png2.png

So you are trying to delete an empty workspace. Do you see any error in your event manager?

No error appears.

When I erase it in the workspace it's Ok but after a reconnect the folder re-appears.

269/5000

Hello Didier
I have the same problem as you but with this error message and the same version of PDM : "Unable to get the working folder for the collection".
My hot-line (Bosch) offered me as a solution to wait for the next PDM update because it will remove all workspaces.

Your local data  may not be synced with your cloud data there may be a setting in your winchill options that is not in the proper setting..  Try using a web browser and login to the windchill server, do not do this from within Creo do this from just starting a web browser.   When you do then try and delete this folder.   To log into windchill from a web browser start creo then from the tab menus choose FILE then MANAGE SESSION then SERVER MANAGER.  You will see this dialog.  copy the line of text and put it into a web browser.  You will then need to log into your windchill server as normal.   Now you will see your basic workspace structure where you can then try and remove the workspace you do not want.

windchill.jpg

Hello,

It doesn't work for me, i still have the same error message.

Try clearing cache files and delete the workspace.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine

We have a user with the same issue here.  Same version as well.  He will delete the workspace and has had it deleted on the server side as well but when he closes Creo it reappears again.  This has been going on for months now with no solution.  No errors appear as well.

Top Tags