cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can the software load images into a workspace from a .csv file or another file format?

ptc-6043518
1-Newbie

Can the software load images into a workspace from a .csv file or another file format?

I am a Business Analyst who works for the MIS Department.

I noticed on of the engineer's struggling. This company has long part numbers and this particular engineer is not a good typist. With that said, we have discovered using wild cards makes retrieving these images into the engineer's workspace a little easier. I was wondering if I provided the engineer a list of item id's in a .csv format or any format your software would use, could he load images into his workspace using this file.

Diane Santini

dsantini@streamflo.com

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-6043518)

Hi, can you clarify what type of file is meant by "image" and what type of resulting Windchill object will be created?

Are the images a graphics file (jpg, gif, png, tiff, etc) that will be used to create a Windchill Document?

If they are, you could just use Windchill Desktop Integration to drag-n-drop all the files using Windows Explorer.

-Scott

ptc-6043518
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

They use pdm here so they are bringing in a pdm file from your database. The item exists in the database. Bringing in 100 pdm files from the database into the workspace takes a lot of time even if we use wild cards RG*.

I can provide my engineers with a list of pdm drawings they need for a project in a file. Instead of browsing for each item or groups of items can Windchill look at a file and bring all drawings listed in the file?

Sorry for the language, I am in IT.

Diane

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Can you tell me what type of files they are? Office Documents, Pictures, CAD or some other type of application data?

ptc-6043518
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

PDM is a Cad program

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Okay,

This is not my area of expertise, but you can use the guidelines presented in this document regarding Workspace Import. Hopefully it will be of some assistance.

Top Tags