cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can we create a shortcut/hyperlink to start a new Change Notice (or a document) in Windchill?

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Can we create a shortcut/hyperlink to start a new Change Notice (or a document) in Windchill?

Specifically, I want to create a shortcut that resides outside of PDMLink such that then when a user clicks on it it will:

1. Open WC, and request to log in if not already logged in (I know how to do this aspect to any location in Windchill)
  2. Start a Change Notice (or a document)

I am primarily asking for Change Notices, however, if it can also be done for initiating new documents, or other types of objects in in PDMLink (Such as Change Requests, etc) that would be useful to.

Does anyone know how to create this shortcut in Windchill?

Thanks! Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
8 REPLIES 8

DaveEngel
5-Regular Member
(To:JeffZemsky)

Interesting, however it says:

Note:

"Action groups are available when Windchill Quality Solutions is installed."

I believe thats a bug in the doc - but let me verify

Hi Jeffrey Zemsky   Looks like a very useful feature, however action group is not available in our 11M020 dev instance.

Can this then be used to create a Link outside of PDMLink?  My purpose is I'm working on a Gantt chart type workflow with steps being hyperlinks to start whatever task it is.  This document is just an office document/workbook outside of PDMLink with hyperlinks.

Certain ones may also be turned into mapkeys.  While other people may prefer to use desktop icons (or favorite shortcuts) for certain tasks.  When I have worked with people I have found that everyone really likes their own method.

Action groups are available since 11.0F000. Unfortunately the examples are a little bit silly. You can activate the example with the site preference

Capture 2017-04-18_10-47-27_PM.png

Afterwards you have the actions available on your home page.

You need to write your own actions, otherwise you need to have the client customization always turned on.

I think the examples are quite useful for a developer/implementor

The example implementations are available in package:

com.ptc.carambola.customization.examples.actiongroup

One can write his own action group class extending com.ptc.core.ui.actiongroup.AbstractActionGroup.

The example list of action groups is defined in codebase\com\ptc\carambola\carambola.service.properties.xconf

Of course the property can be changed to include only your own class.

Top Tags