cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Cannot copy documents from the above list of circular dependents

akelly
11-Garnet

Cannot copy documents from the above list of circular dependents

Using Pro/Intralink 9.1 M030 and Wildfire 4

Trying to make a copy of a small assembly to make a design variation. Want to change one part in the new assembly which has a merge dependency. Gave the files new names / numbers as follows in the Workspace Save As window.

TO: X.ASM <-- Y.PRT (member) <-- Z.PRT (merge)

I keep getting this message: "Cannot copy documents from the above list of circular dependents since some of them haven't been selected for copying. Please mark either all of none of them for copying." A.ASM and B.PRT both show up in the conflict manager. Also A.ASM's parent (D.ASM) and D.ASM's parent (E.ASM).

If I choose Copy None to resolve the conflict, I only get Z.PRT.

If I choose Copy All to resolve the conflict, I get a RequestValidationException conflict that is not overridable (D.ASM and E. ASM aren't in the workspace because I'm not touching them).

I've tried both excluding and re-using B.PRT's siblings in the Workspace Save As window with the same result.

Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:akelly)

Pro/E problem that only manifested itself in Windchill. No regeneration problems in Pro/E.

Figured out that C.PRT was merged into B.PRTusing D.ASM for placement references. Then both C.PRT and B.PRT were removed from D.ASM and D.ASM was re-purposed for something else. The merge feature in B.PRT was referencing D.ASM for the placement of C.PRT, creating the Windchill error during the Save As.

Solution was to convert the merge feature in B.PRT from an assembly merge to an external merge, which removed the reference to D.ASM.

Still don't understand why E.ASM was also listed, but converting the merge feature in B.PRT fixed all problems.

Top Tags