cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Cannot create document in Windchill but can from Creo

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Cannot create document in Windchill but can from Creo

Windchill 11.1 M020CPS20, Creo 7.0.7.0

I have created a new context that uses an existing OIR for documents and EPMdocuments. From creo, I can check in object to a sub-folder in the context. When I open that folder in Windchill and select the New document icon, I get the error "You do not have create permission for this object". I have checked the ACL for Documents and EPMdocuments and they both have create allowed.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @BenLoosli 

Sometimes it happens if lifecycle template is not defined correctly.

It happens if OIR rules are not defined well and there is some mistake. For example LifeCycle template name cold be misspelled and so on.

Check also if Lifecycle is not disabled or OIR is not disabled on that context

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HelesicPetr)

Lifecycles are the same as used by the other contexts we have.

OIRs are the same, defined at the Org level.

The default OIRs at the product level are disabled and the 4 custom ones we use are enabled at the ORG level. This is also the same for the other contexts that do work.

As wcadmin, I can create documents in the context. As a typical user, I can only create objects from doing a check-in from Creo but not using the New Document icon in Windchill in a folder in that context.

Hi @BenLoosli 

Check Windchill logs, what error is presented exactly.

Usually the log contains information where to focus attention to solve the trouble.

I have experience that there is just small thing that can case this behavior. 

PetrH 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HelesicPetr)

Solved it by adding an ACL for type Document and then applying it to the Design state for Team Members.

Strange thing is the other context does not have that set and it allows documents to be added.

I will look deeper into the ACLs later.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Good one.

if you think it is same context as others 😄 it doesn't mean it is really same. :D.

Many times it happened to me. Everything is correct but it does not work.

I guess that the Context template is just missing the ACL rule which were added to the existing contexts after a creation.

PetrH

Top Tags