cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Capture the latest workflow loop for only approval signatures

ptc-4781881
1-Newbie

Capture the latest workflow loop for only approval signatures

I am currently trying to figure out a method to capture only the latest approval signatures in workflow that allows for rework loops. Below is some background on the requirements and current set up.

Approvals are captured for documents (main objects for the signatures) and other objects through Change Notices using approval tasks in the associated Change Activity.

The user's full name at the point in time of the signature has to be captured and applied in the future for any republishing. This would capture the name even if the user's name changed for any various reason. To do this, a customization was placed on the SignatureLink object to record the name in the Comments section using a listener and delimiter for any realy comments.

The previous set up for just documents where the workflow was applied against the object used a Report with a InfoEngine task to capture the necessary information. In this scenario, the workflow was applied directly to the document and users were required to iterate the document on any rework loops so the latest revision-iteration would only have the latest signatures (Approvals) from the SignatureLinks created after the iteration.

I have been able to create a Report query to link the following: document -> change activity -> signature link -> user. Included in the query, I have mapped: change activity -> workflow process -> wfvotingeventaudit (signed, required, and sorted by the trip count). This currently creates a cartesian result. I am looking for additional links or information to make sure I get a 1 to 1 all the way through so I could simply use only the latest trip count information. I have been able to use the createstamp between the signaturelink to the wfvotingevenaudit objets, but I feel this does leave a possiblity for issues (race condition as an example).

Please let me know if you have faced anything similar or have some ideas to link the final stages of my query.

Thanks in advance.

Terry M.

1 REPLY 1

Have struggled with this (getting only latest tripcount in reports) for a long time and haven't been able to really solve it.

One big help - set the preference Change Modification Tracking = true for change objects. Users may get just a bit irritated at first having a change object at Rev 4 or so - and requires a bit of a culture change, but worth it in the long run to have clean approval records.

We used a custom .jsp-based report that essentially copied the routing/history Tasks table but filtered out any Tasks that did not require authentication (password) and eliminated a bunch of columns, leaving only: User, Role, Vote, timestamp.
Top Tags