cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Change Management Cardinality Customization code samples

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Change Management Cardinality Customization code samples

Hi All,

Can anyone share some code or customization logic on Change Management Cardinality.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Aditya Achanta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don’t think your requirement is related to customization it’s more of process designing.

You can initiate your change process with problem report if more than one problem report is created for same issue, then only after Problem report analysis you can create changes request/ 1 ECR for multiple PR (i.e. combining multiple ECR in one ECR.)

Similarly, when you are starting Change Process with Problem report then, if there are multiple ECR created, then you can link multiple ECR to one PR for tracking purpose.

Like that you can create ECN only when ECR is approved may be deny ECN creation without ECR (by setting preference).

Also you can create multiple ECN for one ECR.

Also once ECN or ECR is created then you process them separately instead of combining them.

In brief,

1. You can have one ECR for multiple PR
  2. You can have multiple ECR for one PR.
  3. You can have one ECN for multiple ECR
  4. You can have multiple ECN for one ECR.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Shreyas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
doehr
1-Newbie
(To:aachanta)

...with what kind of cardinality? The statement Change Management Cardinality by itself doesn't restrict anything. Did you want locked 1 to 1 relationships between Change Requests and Change Notices? Many to 1?

Please advise,

Daryl

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:doehr)

Hi Daryl,

Yes. I need both 1 - 1 and as well as Many to 1 relationships between change objects.

Kindly let me know in case if you do have any code samples regarding the same.

I had seen PTC Help center but i really did not get much idea. So in case if you do have any sample code or any other stuff which explains Cardinality. Please do share the same with me.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Aditya Achanta

Aditya,

What kind of code you need?  Which change object you are referring regarding cardinality? What do you want to achieve by writing code?  The customization code could be 10 lines to 1000 lines but its useless until you know, what is the requirement.

There are some preference related to cardinality in preference management

Cardinality.png

Thanks

Shreyas

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:satre-2)

HI Shreyas,

This is the requirement

Combine multiple change requests into a single change request or multiple change notices into a single change notice.

Split a single change request into multiple change requests or a single change notice into multiple change notices.

Like say for suppose there is a role like Change Coordinator who can

1.) Split a Change Request into two Change Request Objects

2.) Combines two change requests into a single change request object.

3.) Splits a Change Notice into two Change Notice Objects

4.) Combines two change notices into a Single Change Notice.

So how do we achieve this using Customization ? As per my understanding I felt like it is from Change Management Cardinality. So can you help me in this stuff ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

I don’t think your requirement is related to customization it’s more of process designing.

You can initiate your change process with problem report if more than one problem report is created for same issue, then only after Problem report analysis you can create changes request/ 1 ECR for multiple PR (i.e. combining multiple ECR in one ECR.)

Similarly, when you are starting Change Process with Problem report then, if there are multiple ECR created, then you can link multiple ECR to one PR for tracking purpose.

Like that you can create ECN only when ECR is approved may be deny ECN creation without ECR (by setting preference).

Also you can create multiple ECN for one ECR.

Also once ECN or ECR is created then you process them separately instead of combining them.

In brief,

1. You can have one ECR for multiple PR
  2. You can have multiple ECR for one PR.
  3. You can have one ECN for multiple ECR
  4. You can have multiple ECN for one ECR.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Shreyas

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:satre-2)

Hi Shreyas,

In addition to that can we even have

1.) Multiple Change Tasks for one Change Notice.

2.) Multiple Change Notices for one Change Task.

Can you please let me know about it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

doehr
1-Newbie
(To:aachanta)

Thought I should jump back in here.

Multiple Change Tasks for one Change Notice is very easy, the system is actually pre-built to have that. Think of each Change Task as an individual work assignment for someone and the Change Notice is the "collection hub" for all of them. In fact a Change Notice by itself won't actually do anything and the system is hard-coded to not allow a Change Notice past the creation stage without at least one Change Task linked to it, so feel free to add as many tasks to it as you want.

For Multiple Change Notices for one Change Task...no, both by the system programming and logistically. If you had one single task that could complete multiple Change Notices that would mean you've had massive redundancy in your change planning. The system isn't coded to allow it either; as per what I said in the previous point, a Change Task is a CN-specific assignment bolted directly onto the Change Notice.

Daryl

Top Tags