cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Change Management: Sequential Implementation Tasks

mdebower
18-Opal

Change Management: Sequential Implementation Tasks

I thought I had read / heard / seen that in Windchill 9.1 or 10.0 that you could choose between parallel or sequential implementation tasks in a Change Notice. Can anyone confirm or am I finally losing my marbles?

If it isn't OOTB functionality, how hard is it to make happen?

-marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

4 REPLIES 4

Mark,

This is supported in 10.0

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:mdebower)

Probably documented much better by PTC - but attached is the first experience I had playing with this - looking forward to using.

I would agree with that. We created 369 change notices in 2010, anything to speed that process up would be welcome.

...Such as a way to get the resulting items from an implementation task into a workspace more automatically and with less work. It seems sad that someone already spent all the time and effort to get the items gathered once, only to have to redo it again for the workspace to actually do the work!

-marc

I don't know if any of you remember CMS, they had a ProE solution. After you added all the affected items to the change notice, and activated the workflow, the item were attached to the workflow, and when the ProE user went to work on it, they were all placed in the workspace. Very nice!

David Haigh
Top Tags