cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Management for Dummies/101 - Guides, Tutorials, or Examples?

pcnelson
1-Newbie

Change Management for Dummies/101 - Guides, Tutorials, or Examples?

Where did you startyour Change Management education? I've gone through the PTC Admin guides but they don't seem to have much in terms of examples that I could use in a test environment to practice with and get a better understanding of what is available in PDMLink. Maybe I've overlooked something in the guides. All pointers to traininig info are very appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
GKelly
10-Marble
(To:pcnelson)

We've purchased a license to PTC University Windchill content/courses and they have some good, but long, trainings for change management. I'm not aware of any other training options for Change Management in Windchill so I'll be monitoring this thread.

-Gregg

You can have a look tohttp://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/37198/en/EnterpriseChangeBusinessProcessGuide.pdf andhttps://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS63595 (details on Windchill change objects relationship)

We have also added an overview of Change Management--concepts and design information--to the Windchill Help Center. You can find that here (Help Center on ptc.com), and I'd be very interested in knowing if you find it helpful.

Jane

Jane,

Thanks for the forward. As someone who has taken the PTC University Online Change management class more than once(Slow learner) the PTC Help is actually very helpful in adding concepts not fully explored in the class. I recommend it to anyone with CM questions.

Bob Lohbauer
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:pcnelson)

Hi Pete

your question was

Where did you startyour Change Management education?

You are interested in learning about CM in general or how PTC implemented certain CM processes in Windchill and understanding what they do, can't do OOTB etc.....

eg is your current CM include sending assignment to a team rather than an individual ? If that is the case then the OOTB CM process of Windchill (also in 10.1) does not allow you this. (Please someone correct me if I am wrong).

You cannot learn about Change Management if you only look at how a software company understands it to work. It is like managing a project, using ProjectLink will help but if you have no education in managing projectlink, it does not matter which tool you use, the project will end up in a ditch. ditch.... another example. it does not matter how good a car is, if you do not know how to drive it, even the best car can end up in a ditch 🙂

Best regards

Top Tags