cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Notice Change in 11.2

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Change Notice Change in 11.2

There is a change from 11.0 to 11.2 in the Change Notice functionality that I need to see if anyone has figured out yet.  In 11.0 when I started a CN, there was already a Change Task available to edit while creating the CN.  When you edited this Change Task on the implementation page it would auto populate the Change Task Name to match the Change Notice Name.  Which is something that is a requirement here.  Now there is no Change Task, which you have to create a change task, which is no big deal, but it does not auto populate the name.  How do I get around this?  Do I have to create a template for the CN now?  But that doesn't make sense because that populates with whatever is in the template.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since 11.0 there are new links around between Change Notice and Change Tasks. In 11 you still could use the old legacy links. In 11.1 there are only the new links available and the old are being finished. And I guess in 11.2 only the new flexible links are allowed.

So with this change, also the behaviour changed. If you want to have an already created change task, you need to create a new Change notice template with a single change task and then set it as default template. So when a user creates a new CN, the template will be already selected. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:BrianToussaint)

Hi Brian,

did you tried to play with OIR ?

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

No, I haven't yet.  It is an upgrade so that shouldn't have changed and I have never had that issue in the past with upgrades.

Florent
14-Alexandrite

I was thinking of using the OIR to set the name of the CA using the name of the CN.

Not sure you'll be able to retrieve the name of the CN in the CA OIR, but it's worth to give a try.

Otherwise, a small wizard customization should do the trick.

I don't see an OOTB solution for what you want to achieve.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

@Florent strange thing is that it was working in 11.0

Florent
14-Alexandrite

That's not surprising as new features and changes has been introduced with 11.1.

Take a look on documentation (what's new or WHC) and KB.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

Hi Brian,

I think you since opened a Support case for this as well?

Check out this knowledge article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS243708

You can refer the Support rep to this as well, if they haven't seen it yet, as there were design changes starting in 11.0, that change how the Change Notice default name works, and yes, a template is needed to carry over the info now.

(there are some preferences that controlled the default behaviour too (mentioned in the article), but this is definitely due to changes being made since 11.0, with respect to how the change notice mechanism and naming works).

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MichaelChatel)

@MichaelChatel,

Everything you're talking about, and everything described on CS243708 deals with changes in 11.0.  Brian is seeing changes after moving from 11.0 to 11.2.  Where are those changes documented?

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

I believe this has to do with the transition between 11.0 (which release was Brian on for 11.0? F000, M010, etc), and then when they moved to 11.2.

This has to do with the preferences, but also the Opt.in switch and feature behaviour, which I'm pretty sure got introduced and changed in a later version of 11.0 (M010?), and carried forward to the Windchill releases since then. I can't recall off-hand, but Support can confirm for Brian, if he has a case open. 

Since 11.0 there are new links around between Change Notice and Change Tasks. In 11 you still could use the old legacy links. In 11.1 there are only the new links available and the old are being finished. And I guess in 11.2 only the new flexible links are allowed.

So with this change, also the behaviour changed. If you want to have an already created change task, you need to create a new Change notice template with a single change task and then set it as default template. So when a user creates a new CN, the template will be already selected. 

Top Tags