cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Notice Creation

bwilson-2
4-Participant

Change Notice Creation

I know these will seem like a simple issue but I just can't quite seem to figure it out. Our system is set up so that you can only create Change Notices against a Change Request. The problem I have is this, users can create a Change Notice against a Change Request at any state. So the Change Request might be Open, Under Review, Resolved, Canceled etc. What I want to happen is to only allow Change Notices to be created when the Change Request is out of Under Review and is at Implementation. Our workflow sends out a Create Change Notice task when the Change Request reaches Implementation, only then do I want the users to create a Change Notice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3

We got around this by not having users create CN's at all - a robot in the CR workflow always creates them. No users have create permission for a CN.

A validator can be deployed for enabling/disabling the create ECN link. With in the validator the ECR state can be checked and the link for create ECN can be enabled or disabled.

Swamy Senthil
909 800 8423
Principal solutions architect
Swasen Inc
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 5, 2011, at 4:13 PM, Brian Wilson <briwilson@coca-cola.com> wrote:

> I know these will seem like a simple issue but I just can't quite seem to figure it out. Our system is set up so that you can only create Change Notices against a Change Request. The problem I have is this, users can create a Change Notice against a Change Request at any state. So the Change Request might be Open, Under Review, Resolved, Canceled etc. What I want to happen is to only allow Change Notices to be created when the Change Request is out of Under Review and is at Implementation. Our workflow sends out a Create Change Notice task when the Change Request reaches Implementation, only then do I want the users to create a Change Notice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
>
>
> Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription
>
> Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
>

Brian,

Our Change Request workflow creates the Change Notice automatically. Users
in our company never actually create the Change Notice or the Change
Activity for that matter.

In short, a manager gets a Analyze ECR task. If they route to "Accepted"
the workflow creates the CN and the Change Activity.

Also, we have the Analyze ECR task setup such that the manager can select
a WTUser (from a drop-down menu on the task page) to set as the Change
Activity's Author.

Affected Data and Resulting Items are also automatically added to the CA
in the workflow.

We have learned (the hard way) that more we can automate the better.

David Graham
CAx/PDM Administrator

Emhart Glass Manufacturing Inc.
Emhart Glass Research Center
123 Great Pond Drive | PO Box 220 | Windsor, CT 06095-0220 | USA
Telephone +1 (860) 298 7377 | Telefax +1 (860) 298 7397
Mobile +1 (203) 376-3144 |
Top Tags