cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Change Notice number in Part structure

Dennis_V_NL
5-Regular Member

Change Notice number in Part structure

Hello all,

We would like to show the name of a Change Notice in the Part structure. Right now it is showing that a "pending change exists" in the column "change status" but it would be very helpful if the name of the CN can be shown in another column. 

Can this be done?

Best regards!

Dennis Varkevisser

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This can be done with Alias Attributes.

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/typeattr/TypeMgrAttrAliasMap.html for support...

in this example, I created Alias Attributes on my document type (you would have to do this for each type you wanted the attribute to show for)

jbailey_0-1689121456120.png

Create the attribute on the object type to map the name, number etc... then select alias as the type .

The mapping I used for Name and Number respectively looked like this

theChangeable2@wt.change2.ChangeRecord2~theChangeActivity2^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~name

theChangeable2@wt.change2.ChangeRecord2~theChangeActivity2^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number

This would return the name and number of the CN for an object that is on the affected objects table of the CN

Then simply add the attribute column to the table view.

Additionally, if you wanted it to show up on an information page... Edit the layout for the type and viola

jbailey_1-1689121594527.png

Note, alias attributes are not searchable... It loads the objects and then "calculates" the value based on the relation... display only,...,

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Dennis_V_NL)

Yes, via a Data Utility but consider that an item can be on many changes at the same time. Your business rules might only allow 1 CN but its possible none the less. Use jcaDebug to determine which Data Utility controls that pending changes column and you can overwrite to display the CN name instead.

Dennis_V_NL
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hello Antonio, 

Thanks for your reply! Can you give us some additional information on how to use jcaDebug to determine which Data Utility is controlling the Changes column?

Best regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Dennis_V_NL)

You can add "&jcaDebug=true" which shows little ladybug icons all over interface. hovering over these can provide information you need. For your case, it did not work in the structure browser but I was able to do the same with one of the reports like single level BOM report. I added that change status column, copied the URL of the report and pasted into new tab which allowed me to add the jcaDebug attribute. 

https://<hostname>/Windchill/ptc1/part/reports/dispatcherSingleLevelBOM?wizardActionMethod=&AjaxEnabled=component&portlet=poppedup&oid=wt.part.WTPart%3A1659981834&ContainerOid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A1029361821&actionName=SingleLevelBOM&action=SingleLevelBOM&ncId=-9045877829101336772&moduleName=com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.psb.PSB&rootOid=OR%3Awt.part.WTPart%3A1660883912&unique_page_number=58269935489488_0&actionName=SingleLevelBOM&jcaDebug=true

avillanueva_0-1689087229707.png

avillanueva_1-1689087240742.png

Dennis_V_NL
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hello Antonio, this is good stuff!! learning a lot. I think we are almost there! Thanks so far...

This can be done with Alias Attributes.

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/typeattr/TypeMgrAttrAliasMap.html for support...

in this example, I created Alias Attributes on my document type (you would have to do this for each type you wanted the attribute to show for)

jbailey_0-1689121456120.png

Create the attribute on the object type to map the name, number etc... then select alias as the type .

The mapping I used for Name and Number respectively looked like this

theChangeable2@wt.change2.ChangeRecord2~theChangeActivity2^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~name

theChangeable2@wt.change2.ChangeRecord2~theChangeActivity2^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number

This would return the name and number of the CN for an object that is on the affected objects table of the CN

Then simply add the attribute column to the table view.

Additionally, if you wanted it to show up on an information page... Edit the layout for the type and viola

jbailey_1-1689121594527.png

Note, alias attributes are not searchable... It loads the objects and then "calculates" the value based on the relation... display only,...,

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey 

I wanted to write a same idea with an alias >D you were faster 😄

PetrH

Dennis_V_NL
5-Regular Member

Hello JBailey, 

This did the trick! Thanks a lot all for the information provided.

Have a nice day!

Greetings from Holmatro, The Netherlands.

Dennis_V_NL_0-1689155047033.png

Glad I could help!

@Dennis_V_NL 

I got this working with the Change Status column.

In the column I display all Change objects that are currently open. including Problem Report, Change Request and Change Notice.

In my example below there is one Problem Report and one Change Request but it will display all change objects.

The example is just an example.

I see you're going with an attribute.  That's a much easier solution but the initial request was a better challenge, so I thought I'd figure it out.😀

d_graham_0-1689173482989.png

jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:d_graham)

How do you get Change Status to show the identities, not just the indicator? Also, does that affect the indicator on the info page?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @jbailey 

@d_graham said that he use own attribute, so I am sure he just use own dataUtility to show what he really wanted. So it is customization with coding.

In this solution you can do what ever you want. 

PetrH

@HelesicPetr 

Did I say I used my own attribute? I don’t think so.

To be clear, I used a data utility to edit the display of the OOTB Change Status column..

I did. NOT use “my own” attribute.

I simply used the data utility that displays the pending indicator and changed what it displays.

@jbailey 

Yes, this affects the pending indicator everywhere the OOTB data utility would display it.

I didn’t go overboard with the solution, just enough to show it can be done.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:d_graham)

@d_graham 

Sorry my bad. I just read "In the column I display all " and I just expected that you were talking about own one . 

expectation expectation.... read carefully... the Note written 😄

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags