cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Change Request items

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Change Request items

We have created copies of the OOTB Change Request, Notice and Activity objects: Lifecycle, OIR, Workflow and Team. These have all been enabled.

When I go to Actions New and select Change Request, I get an error box: Attention: Action Unavailable and the text: You do not have create permission for this object. Please contact your System Administrator. Question 1: How do I resolve this error? 2: Should the menu say New Change Request or New My Change Request, using my copy?

If I disable my copy, I then get the change request initiated, but it is the OOTB change request. Question 3: How do I initiate My Change Request (see Q2.)

Is there some preference to designate what Change Request, Notice and Activity workflow/OIR/Lifecycle, etc, use?

For Promotion Request there is a preference to set the desired promotion request workflow.

I have gotten my changes to work on the test system, but only if I modify the OOTB files and not my copies of these files. I have also done a save as on the OOTB objects so I can revert back when I get My Change objects to work.

I am on Windchill/PDMLink 10.0 m040.

3 REPLIES 3
lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Have you allowed that access in the Policy Administration?

If not, then you need to allow Create, Edit, etc on the object for the Role/group.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lgrant)

Can you give me more information on changing Access in the Policy Adminsitration menus?

The copied objects are at the Org level and they are copied from the OOTB site level.

I would have assumed that the copied objects would retain the ACL of the OOTB ones, but did the change from site to org cause the problem?

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Follow the guides posted on PTC but to start, log in as site admin then. Navigator / Browse / select Org and then expand out so you can see Utilities on the list.

select Utilities and then on the right side of the screen you will see the Policy Administrator. A new Java window will open.

From here is depends on how you have set up your Document Libraries or Product Contexts. But you need to select the correct level then View (then come back and Update as needed) the Access Control rules.

To be "able" to create a CR, the "Principal" (that's the Group or Role) has to have Read,Modify,Create etc at "Open" state (or whatever state you are using on the lifecycle for the CR).

You also need to make sure that on the Team page for that Library/Context that the Actions for Role has Create CR selected.

If you have not done any custom work on the OIR that should work!

Keep a good log over EVERYTHING you do / change.

Good Luck.

Top Tags