cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Change Soft Type Name Attribute

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Change Soft Type Name Attribute

Does anyone know how to change the Name attribute of a soft type to a drop down list instead of a line to type on? I changed the attribute to have an Enumerated Value List, Selection List Style to Drop Down and Input Field Type to Single Line. I stopped and started my server and no change. I am on 10.1 m040. We want to control what names can be picked for a soft type document.

Thank you,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PTC Tech support answered this one. Here is the solution in case you want to do this at some point.

In a Windchill shell run the command:

xconfmanager -s com.ptc.EnableEnumeratedName=true -t codebase\wt.properties –p

Restart Windchill

Tested and it works. Just hoping there is no downside to doing this. If there is no downside, why would this be an option and not just a standard property setting?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PTC Tech support answered this one. Here is the solution in case you want to do this at some point.

In a Windchill shell run the command:

xconfmanager -s com.ptc.EnableEnumeratedName=true -t codebase\wt.properties –p

Restart Windchill

Tested and it works. Just hoping there is no downside to doing this. If there is no downside, why would this be an option and not just a standard property setting?

Thanks Brian for posting your own answer.

Here is the PTC article: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS168027

UPDATE:

I have found that when you do this, it has a couple of bugs.

1. You cannot view/edit your ACLs.

2. If you try to delete something and it is in a workspace, the event viewer comes up showing you have an overridable error, but it doesn't let you do anything about it.

It is a known issue and is supposed to be fixed in m050.

Top Tags