cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Changing From Numeric to MilSpec versioning in a Change Order

MichaelIbosh
1-Newbie

Changing From Numeric to MilSpec versioning in a Change Order

Good Morning All,
We are changing our system to use State Based versioning and I need to be able to change from Numeric to MilSpec versioning from a change order. Does anyone have the change order workflow code that will make this change? I have code that works in a Promotion Request (shown below), but when I use the same methods in a change order, it does not return the new MilSpec version after the object is in the new versioning state. Any help would be appreciated.

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleHelper.service.setLifeCycleState(lcManaged, wt.lifecycle.State.toState("MILSPEC_STATE"));
wt.vc.Versioned verObj = (wt.vc.Versioned) lcManaged;
wt.vc.VersionIdentifier versionID = wt.vc.VersionControlHelper.nextVersionId(verObj);
wt.vc.VersionControlHelper.service.changeRevision(verObj, versionID.getValue(), true);

Mike

1 REPLY 1

We also use state-based versioning and have from day 1 with PDMLink. We have a state whose sole purpose is to transition to the MilSpec seed on Revise. Users need to execute a separate Promotion (we have it with no workflow, so it's essentially a Set State) in order get data to this special state.

There is support for what you note below in 10 (tied to "Promotion"). If you find some way to accomplish in 9.1, please post.
Announcements

Top Tags