cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Changing policy rules

bschmidt-2
1-Newbie

Changing policy rules

Hi erverybody,

I´m trying to understand the windchill access rules. So far the help tells me there are ad-hoc rules and policy rules.

Following the help I wanted to set a ad-hoc rule - but the tab for access controll in the lifecycle diagram is grey (see picture below - access control in german "Zugriffssteuerung"). I tried with organisation admin and site admin (but as site admin I don´t see the correct lifecycle).

How can I "ungrey" these tabs?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:bschmidt-2)

Hi Benjamin,

to enable "Access Control" /  "Zugriffssteuerung" You have to change life cycle type from "basic" to "advanced".

To do that, deselect the current life cycle phase by clicking on the white area besides the different phases (e.g. click on "Klicken Sie hier, um die Eigenschaften des Lebenszyklus anzuzeigen").

Capture.PNG

After activating "advanced" mode, you are good to modify everything you need.

Cheers

Matthias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:bschmidt-2)

Hi Benjamin,

to enable "Access Control" /  "Zugriffssteuerung" You have to change life cycle type from "basic" to "advanced".

To do that, deselect the current life cycle phase by clicking on the white area besides the different phases (e.g. click on "Klicken Sie hier, um die Eigenschaften des Lebenszyklus anzuzeigen").

Capture.PNG

After activating "advanced" mode, you are good to modify everything you need.

Cheers

Matthias

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:Mat)

Hi Benjamin,

As suggested by Matthias, changing the type to advance should enable to buttons. One quick note, any new policies defined from Lifecycle (ad-hoc), will not be applicable to the existing objects created using the same lifecycle template. This will be applicable to new objects or you will have to re-assign the lifecycle to use the latest version of the same template.

Regards,

Bhushan

Hi Bhushan,

thank you for the advice. Would that be different if I use a policy rule?

By definition a policy rule is associated to a object type and a certain state in a lifecycle.

Best regards,

Benjamin

bschmidt-2
1-Newbie
(To:Mat)

Hi Matthias,

thank you for the advice.

Sometimes the solution is so easy ...

Best regards

Benjamin

Top Tags