cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Changing vaulting

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Changing vaulting

When our original Windchill system was created at Windchill 8, the then system admin created multiple vaults. There are vaults for the part library (6 folders), documents (3 folders), product (53 folders), etc. Since then Windchill has added the capability to automatically create a new folder in the vault when the current folder reaches a threshold. I have set up the other Windchill system to do this.

Is there any way to move the files from the multiple vaults/folders to a single vault/folders structure for auto rollover when a folder is full?

This system is current on Windchill 11.0 M030 but in the process of doing an upgrade to Windchill 12.0.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you. See this article.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs54158?language=en&posno=1&q=CS54158&source=search

It seems pretty simple to create a new vault and let the system move them. Eventually the old vaults will be emptied of referenced files and can be deleted from the system. My old company did this but took a few weeks to complete. This will double space. In my case, I was planning on doing this with a new volume so I can discard old volume when complete.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you. See this article.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs54158?language=en&posno=1&q=CS54158&source=search

It seems pretty simple to create a new vault and let the system move them. Eventually the old vaults will be emptied of referenced files and can be deleted from the system. My old company did this but took a few weeks to complete. This will double space. In my case, I was planning on doing this with a new volume so I can discard old volume when complete.

Top Tags