cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Check for Checked Out objects in the Affected Data section on a Change Request

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Check for Checked Out objects in the Affected Data section on a Change Request

I'm looking for some transition "complete" text that will check that all objects (primary business) are not Checked Out (or are Checked In).

I see some examples for Promotion Request but this is on a CR.

My problem is that we have users add "In Work" state objects to the CR, the workflow starts at a Submit CR task then we have them add approves at Assign CRB task. At both tasks, the authors could edit the objects in the Affected Data section but, if they are left Check Out then the workflow cannot change the state of the objects as the task moves to Doc Control to check the Change Request.

I already have a conditional that will Cancel the CR if any object in the Affected Data is not "In Work" as we do not want the users to set Released documents to Under Review.

7-28-2015 3-03-03 PM.bmp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
satre-2
1-Newbie
(To:lgrant)

See attached document for implementing business rule for change request to check if affected objects is checked out.

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks

Shreyas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

In the workflow you can use business rules engine to check the condition whether the PBOs are checked out - CHECKOUT_RULE

Read more about it here - http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=WCCG_BusLogicCust_ChangeMgmt_BusRules&action=show

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

satre-2
1-Newbie

Since you already have condition to check if objects are not in in work state. you can add below line to check if object is checked out or not

boolean isCheckedOut=WorkInProgressHelper.isCheckedOut((Workable) object);

Hope it helps!!!

Thanks

Shreyas

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:satre-2)

Thanks - I don't know xml. Is there a "sample" that has the xml for a conditional to check for Check Out objects?

satre-2
1-Newbie

For sample xml files for Business Rule you can check zip files under \Windchill\loadFiles\ixbImport\ folder

ChangePreReleaseBusinessRulesObjects.zip contain business rule for Change.

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks

Shreyas

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

This?

7-29-2015 11-10-24 AM.bmp

satre-2
1-Newbie

See attached document for implementing business rule for change request to check if affected objects is checked out.

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks

Shreyas

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Thanks Shreyas, that worked great. I just needed to add a Loop into the leg from Resolve to the Conditional.

7-29-2015.jpg

7-29-2015-2PM.jpg

Top Tags