cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Check in of dependent objects

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Check in of dependent objects

Hi

Background :
I have an assembly A.asm which has three child parts p1.prt , p2.prt and p3.prt..

These four objects are available on windchill.

I got these four objects from other users through email. He had modified and don't have windchill. So, I saved it on local drive on computer.

I opened assembly in Creo from disk (so all four updated objects in Creo), checked out assembly from windchill. Performed default check in of assembly from Creo.

With this operation, I got assembly and parts iterated to next version on windchill.

Problem Description:

This is what it is (all four objects iterated to next version) on windchill configuration one.We have another setup of windchill. Above same scenario with same data is tried out. There I got only assembly updated to next iteration, not dependent parts.

Query :

What is there in windchill setup 1 which updates all four objects to next iteration by simply doing check in of assembly? In other words, what could be done on setup 2 or setup one to make both identical?
2 REPLIES 2

Did the components of the assembly get checked-out on both systems?

Were the components modified on both systems? Windchill will not check in an object that it does not think has been modified.

Yes... Components of assembly are modified on both systems.

Not sure about checked out status as I have not varified on workspace.
If it's get iterated, then it is sure that it was getting checked out.
Top Tags