cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Storing Export Controlled Data in Windchill PDMLink 10.1

KeithMarriott
3-Visitor

Storing Export Controlled Data in Windchill PDMLink 10.1

We are currently looking into providing an area of the PDMLink database for storing Export Controlled data.

I have created a Product with the appropriate aaccess rules for the users but now I need to make sure that the physical CREO files do not get stored on the Master server which is in another country. I want to store these files on our local replication server only. The files must also not get replicated to any other replication servers either.

Is there anyone out there who has already done this and can give me some guidance regarding the setting up of vaulting rules, an example of a rule would be good.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KeithMarriott)

I have not personally done this, but there was a presentation at PTC Live Global that discussed this concept in great depth. (See attached.) There are several things to consider.

1. You will need to have multiple vaults configured as master.
  2. Even if the replication rules do not automatically move the data from one vault to another, anyone opening the files from another site will still automatically pull the data to their vault through ad-hoc replication.
  3. You can configure the vault at each site with a user account that doesn't have permissions to the secure data. This is supposed to prevent data from being replicated to the vault, but according to the presenter only works for data with security labels.

I hope this helps.

Hi keith,

Did you managed to find any solution ?

we have something similar requirement.

Please have a look here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/File-vault-by-location-or-countries/td-p/634281 

Looking for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rahul

Top Tags